Blog Intro


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Life in America

First to understand our life in Ukraine, I must show you my life in America first. In America, I live in a suburb of Chicago. I live in a 4-bedroom house with both of my parents. We have 3 full baths and 2 half baths. We always have a full stocked fridge and pantry, running hot water, electricity, and plenty of clean clothes. We have plenty of appliances here, like a dishwasher, oven, microwave, stove, clothing washer and dryer, and many televisions. I live in a very safe and upscale neighborhood, where I do not have to worry about crime happening or be worried for my safety. These are all things that most Americans have and take for granted, which they should not. You will see why after my story.

Each morning, I wake up and eat my breakfast and drive my car to school. I take my classes at the lake-shore campus and at the water tower campus. After class, I usually will stop in a store to do some shopping or go out for lunch. These are more luxuries that Americans have that people in other countries do not. After a day I go home to my family and eat dinner, watch TV, or do homework. That is a typical American day.

Most you might be thinking that this life is nothing special. That this is a life that the majority of people enjoy everyday. But you are wrong. This life is special and most people do not have the chance to even dream of living the life that we are lucky enough to live.

- Oksana

Home in Mt. Prospect - nice right?

No comments:

Post a Comment